Similar Services Nearby:
Average rating from 15 reviews.
Average rating from 90 reviews.
Battle Creek Animal Shelter of Calhoun County
29 Haog StreetBattle Creek, MI 49014
Hours: Mon-Wed-thurs-fri-sat OPEN 12:00-4:00pm
787 miles away
We are the only NO KILL facility in the Calhoun county area. Within the past seven years we have placed over 15,000 animals into loving homes. We are a non-profit organization staffed mainly by volunteers who are dedicated to rescuing animals facing extermination other shelters.
We are currently struggling to stay in our current facility and without your help, many of our animals will need to be transferred to shelters who DO EUTHINIZE.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT-We believe that unwanted animals deserve a chance to have a home with a loving family. It is our goal to ensure that these homless animals receive food, shelter, medical attention, and above all, love and understanding.
COMMON QUESTIONS AND GEN- INFO:
-We have been open since November 2000.
Q: How are you funded? A: By donation, and grants.BCAS has no city or county funding and is exclusively supported by your contributions. This allows us to be a 100% NO KILL FACILITY!!!
Q:Where do the animals come from? A: Area shelters that have become full, citizens that want to insure that the animal they are releasing will not be destroyed.
Q:How long do you keep the animals? A: Animals with identification such as a collar, tags or microchips are held for 7 days, animals with no identification are retained for 4. Owner releases and animals coming from area shelters are immediately available. Once the animal becomes available they are vaccinated, wormed and other needs seen to by shelter staff, and then put up for adoption and stay at BCAS until they find the right home.
Q:How much does it cost to adopt an animal? A: felines are available for $30.00 to $45.00, canines $120.00 to $140.00, adoption costs may include a refundable spay/neuter fee. Many animals are already altered, but for those that are not the spay/neuter fee is refundable upon proof of sterilization of the animal.
Q:Do you accept volunteers? A: YES!!! Everything from answering phones,cleaning,assistiong with clients, to just a simple pat or loving touch for the homless animals is appreciated.
Things we WISH to accomplisg with award money:
1. A Medical Area: so a vetrinarian could come to our shelter and have a place to attend our animals, or so we may even be able to offer our own spay/neuter.
2. A Visitation Room: For meeting and greeting your soon to be pet, a place to bring your current pet to introduce it to your pet you are concidering on taking.
3. A BIGGER cat room:Preferably a walk-in cat room, with proper ventalation,toys. and many scratching posts.
4. A Storage Building: We currently rent a Semi trailor for storage of emty crates, and our food, which leaks and most of our food gets ruined.
5. A Parking Lot: Would be great, our facility gets so busy and people have to park in the grass, or the road.
6. STAFF: We are currently under staffed due to lack of funds to pay staff. Basically ran on volunteers.
Information provided by the owner
Reader's Reviews (15)
Want to review a service, but not finding it? Just add it and review it!
Recent Reviews For Services Near 49014
August 5, 2008 | By Yvonne V.
The staff including the doctors and technical people are always very nice and helpful. They are very understanding of how the pet is a part of your family. They always call me to see how my pets are… more ›
March 25, 2008 | By Dion V.