Similar Services Nearby:
Average rating from 80 reviews.
Friendship Animal Protective League
8303 MURRAY RIDGE RDELYRIA, OH 44035
Hours: Monday-Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
939 miles away
The Friendship APL is a privately funded nonprofit Humane Society.
Our members gather together out of concern for the pets in Lorain County and contribute time, money and talent to make Lorain County a better place for the animals.
The government does not contribute to the cost of caring for the animals at Friendship APL.
Friendship APL receives no government funding. We depend on the generosity and financial support of friends and neighbors, and on various fundraisers, to serve the people and animals of Lorain County.
What we do for the animals:
1. Friendship APL does not euthanize pets for time up or to make space for other pets. We schedule incoming pets to make certain that we have room to house and care for the pets.
2. We screen and continually monitor pets for health and behavior problems.
3. All pets receive one or more vaccinations, deworming, lab tests as required and a veterinary examination.
4. We spay or neuter all pets prior to adoption. (People are sometimes surprised to learn that a cute little kitten or puppy is already spayed or neutered. Veterinarians have safely spayed pets as early as 6 weeks for more than 20 years.)
5. Pets ready for adoption are kept separate from incoming pets to help protect the pets and people from disease and parasites.
6. We help people select the proper pet for their family and lifestyle. We also counsel people to prevent future problems.
7. We maintain a Lost & Found Log to help reunite lost pets with their owners.
8. Friendship APL humane officers respond to every report of alleged neglect, abuse or cruelty.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT: www.friendshipapl.org
Information provided by the owner
Reader's Reviews (80)
A Wonderful Place of Love
posted 6 years ago
I volunteer at the Friendship APL with my 7 year old son. A couple times a week, we go there to walk dogs and clean litter boxes. He loves going there and I explain to him how these are doggies that were treated bad by their owners or just abandoned and they have no one to love them. It makes him feel good to know that he can help these animals with no families to love them. The Friendship APL provides a great opportunity for children with an interest in working with animals to explore those interests. It teaches them about charity and helping others. They leave with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
While volunteering at APL, we met our ferret, Jack, who was abandoned in a bird cage on the doorsteps of the APL. We adopted him and brought him home and he has turned to be a wonderful addition to our family.
Pros: Great Staff, Clean,
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
The Dog Day Afternoon @ Vermillion River Reservation
posted 6 years ago
This was a great event, it was nice to socialize Blackie with other lorain county dogs, after she got over her lease issues (she is used to go to rocky river dog park where she runs freely). I was really excitied that Blackie got to see her friend Pat from the Friendship APL, we showed off how well adjusted she has become after being adopted. Thanks again to all the Friendship APL volunteers for takening such good care of these animals!!!
Cons: wished the Friendship APLs table could have been bigger
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Want to review a service, but not finding it? Just add it and review it!
Recent Reviews For Services Near 44035
March 14, 2013 | By Sixxe11
MBR is a small group of volunteers that work on a fostering system. They are funded solely by adoption fees, donations, and fundraising events. The group regularly pulls dogs from kill shelters that w… more ›
May 21, 2012 | By Xfileluv
MBR is an all-volunteer group that truly puts animals first. They work tirelessly to find forever homes for the dogs in their foster care so they can go immediately to county pounds and kennels and br… more ›