Effective date: June , 2007
zootoo, LLC ("zootoo") is a creator of content environments for pet lovers. Zootoo, Created for Pets, Powered by People™, provides its users with the information and volunteering opportunities needed to achieve that goal.
- What information does zootoo collect?
- What is zootoo practice regarding cookies?
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertisers' or partners' sites;
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web-site and advertisement usage;
- Determining which features our overall user population likes best;
- Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our sites; and
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content based on your interests.
- How does zootoo use the information?
- To enhance the user experience on our site. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you;
- To fulfill your opt-in requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in paid services, polls, contests, and message boards;
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you; and
- To customize the advertising and the content you see.
- How does zootoo share the information?
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through the Site. By using the Site, you consent to our sharing your information (including, without limitation, your personally identifiable information) with our sister companies (e.g., zootoo House, Inc., our non-profit sister company) and agree that our sister companies may use such information consistent with the terms hereof and also in furtherance of our mission.
- You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation in our community features such as forums, user opinions and reviews, chat rooms, photo sharing or other forms of public communication and interaction.
- You use co-branded services (i.e., that we offer to you in connection with a partner, who is identified on the site). When you use a co-branded service within the Site, you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
- We hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services such as customer support; hosting, security, caching, email message deployment; suppression, merge and de-duplication services; data processing; and special products or services that you have requested. These companies are only allowed to use the information in order to help us fulfill our services to you. We do not provide your information to these companies for their own, permanent use.
- You unsubscribe to a mailing that we send you on behalf of a third party. We may share your removal instruction with the third party so that it may be added to that person's list of people to whom they may not send emails.
- You are the winner of a contest or a sweepstakes that is co-sponsored with a third party and that third party needs your information in order to manage the prize fulfillment process.
- To fulfill legal requirements or cooperate with law enforcement, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or requests from law enforcement agencies.
- We believe that your actions violate applicable laws, the Terms or any usage guidelines for specific products or services, or threaten the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others.
- What are my options?
- Subject to the note in Section 1 above regarding administrative and service-related messages, you may opt not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us;
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for certain products and services, provided, however, that you may not be able to use some of our products or services without providing us with certain information.
- How can I review and update my personally identifiable information?
- Privacy of Children
- California Rights/li>
The law of the State of California permits the Site's visitors from such state to request certain information regarding disclosures, if any, of their personal information to third parties (including zootoo's affiliates and related companies). To make such a request, please contact zootoo at the address below and include your name, username, physical address and email address. We will attempt to provide you with the requested information within thirty (30) days of receipt of your request.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Several of the services and features that we offer on the Site require you to provide us with information as a condition of usage. These include the ability to post opinions or other content, access to subscription-only areas, participation in sweepstakes or contests, volunteering, subscriptions to information and services provided by zootoo partners, email newsletters and participation in message boards.
We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number when you provide it to us. From time to time, we may also collect other information such as your job title, gender, username and password. We do so in order to provide our users with a personalized interface. zootoo adheres to an opt-in/opt-out policy in communicating with our users. Please note, however, that if you register as a user on the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving certain administrative and service-related messages.
Your Internet browser has a feature called cookies, which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit zootoo, although active participation in certain areas of our sites may require cookies. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information, in which case we may use the information to enhance your services in the ways described below. By adjusting settings on your browser, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected.
We also use technologies, including electronic images known as Web bugs sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or beacons that allow us to track general usertraffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our site, and information about pages you visited. Unless you have registered for the Site or one of our products or services, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any personally identifiable information about you.
We allow other companies that are presenting advertisements on the Site and, sometimes, in our newsletters to use tracking technology on your computer. We do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Unless you visit the Web site of these companies and provide them with personally identifiable information about yourself, these tracking technologies tell those advertisers nothing about who you are. Our advertisers' use of tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
We use the information we gather for four general purposes:
Personally identifiable information
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people only when:
We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. Except as otherwise provided herein, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
We are always seeking to improve the Site and our business. In accomplishing these objectives, we may buy or sell a company, or one or more of the companies in our business family may merge with, sell all or substantially all of its assets to, or be acquired by another company. We may transfer some or all of your information as a part of these or similar transactions in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes.
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our sites without registering. We also give users the following options:
You can review, correct, or change the information collected during registration for zootoo. The instructions for doing this can be found in our member-services areas. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with the Site or who have questions about how the Site works can contact us using e-mail addresses at the bottom of this page.
zootoo Email Addresses:
Account management: email@example.com
E-mail newsletters: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration management [e-mail request]: email@example.com
Opt-In/Opt Out: firstname.lastname@example.org
zootoo is a general audience site and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate zootoo in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age. This requirement is clearly posted during the registration process.
zootoo uses commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information that you submit through the Site. You should be aware, however, that we make no representation or warranty that your information will be completely secure from loss or unauthorized access, use, interception or distribution.
We’ve all grown accustomed to the many fundraisers and charitable events that the pet industry produces for homeless pets. From pet food companies… more ›