here we go

Comments (6)

Momba

Momba

What a great pet and picture! Is there a journal to go with it?

Reply ›

Lourie H.

Lourie H.

I am glad he ended up in the right hands. What does he eat? Do you put bedding in his cage?

Reply ›

Gail

Gail

That is ONE BIG tortoise Jackie, there MUST be a story behind him. Please, do tell how he came to be a part of your family. I couldn't believe it when I saw his pictures and noticed that nobody had commented on them. He is really awesome. I would not have the foggiest idea how to care for a turtle that big.

Reply ›

jackie

jackie

I actually got him when he was a tiny baby my ex bought him for me at a trade show no one ever said how big he will get he is 9 years old now. he isnt that hard to care for same as any other tortoise. He just has a really big cage. Its 6 ft. by 8 ft.

Reply ›

Gail

Gail

What kind of tortoise is he? don't they live to be like 150 yrs old? I saw one in a zoo one time that was HUGE, I bet it weighed 150 pounds. Do you think he will keep growing? Sorry for all the questions, but I am totally facinated by Speedy.

Reply ›

jackie

jackie

ya about 150 years funny I have him in my will my kids are gonna try o find a zoo to take him when I'm gone. He is a sulcata tortoise right now he weighs about 45 pounds he can get up to about 150 and be 36 inches around I sure hope he doesnt get much bigger I'm running out of room for him and he is to big I cant pick him up anymore because he doesnt like it and wont coporate. He is actually quite healthy and I had someone over from our local zoo they said he looked great.. My kids and I dont want him to end up in the wrong hands when I'm gone everyone wjants him because he is an oddity but I dont plan on giving him up I'm glad you asked I like him he is a treasure. He had a prolapsed penis a few years back and he had to have it amputated ouch. But he's no worse for wear he doesnt do much eat.sleep,walk around. And he is my quietest pet lol

Reply ›