The Search for the World's Most Amazing Dog
Show us why your dog is the World's most Amazing. Upload your video up to 2 minutes long and share your amazing dog with the world for a chance to win a spot on our Tournament of Roses® Parade float in Pasadena, CA, hotel accommodations at the beautiful Pasadena Hilton, and free Natural Balance® Dog Food for an entire year!
Winner will be announced December 1st, 2008 at www.naturalbalance.net
Terms & Conditions:
1. The zootoo.com/Natural Balance "World's Most Amazing Dog" contest ("Contest")
gives entrants the opportunity to create a video showcasing their "Most Amazing Dog" (each such
video is a "Submission").
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOUND ON ALL OF
THE ZOOTOO.COM WEB PAGES, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY INCORPORATED BY
REFERENCE (collectively, the "Official Rules"). If you do not agree to any of these terms, please do not participate in the Contest.
2. Sponsors: Zootoo LLC, 400 Plaza Drive, First Floor, Secaucus, New Jersey, 07094,
and Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc., 12924 Pierce Street, Pacoima, California 91311.
3. Eligibility: To participate in the Contest, entrants must be: (1) legal U.S. Residents of any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (2) at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the submission; and (3) a member of the zootoo.com site ("Entrant"). If an Entrant is a minor in his or her State of residence that Entrant must seek his/her parent's/guardian's permission to participate in the Contest prior to entering any Submission in the Contest. The Contest is void in Puerto Rico and the United States territories and possessions. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of zootoo.com or Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, distributors, suppliers and advertising, promotional or judging agencies (if applicable), as well as immediate family members (meaning spouses, parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same household of any such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Eligibility is not limited to households which use Natural Balance brand pet foods.
4. Timing: The Contest shall begin at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time on October 1, 2008
and shall conclude at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 30, 2008 ("Contest Period").
5. How to Enter the Contest: To participate in the Contest, Entrants must access their membership account on the zootoo.com website during the Contest Period. If the Entrant is not already a member of the zootoo.com website, he/she must register as a member of the zootoo.com website and complete the required entry form. There is no charge for registration. Once the Entrant has registered and has logged into his/her account, he/she may upload a submission. Once a Submission has been uploaded, it may not be modified, edited or retracted, except by zootoo.com or Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. in their discretion.
Limit: Any Entrant may enter up to three (3) videos in the Contest by separate Submissions, each submission must be of a different dog. The same dog may not be the subject of Submissions by different Entrants. Any attempt by an Entrant to upload more than the permitted number of Submission by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries, and that Entrant may be disqualified. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider or any other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Entrants may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Personal information submitted by an Entrant will be treated according to the Sponsors' Privacy Policies. Sponsors reserve the right to deny any entry based on submission of incomplete information or non-compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or unintelligible entries.
6. Submissions Guidelines: Each Submission must be an original, previously
unpublished video conforming to the following guidelines:
(a) Technical Requirements:
Video Requirements: Video Submission(s) must be no longer than two (2) minutes in length. The maximum file size for any single video file uploaded is 250 MB. Video file(s) must be submitted in one of the following file formats: .mov; .qt; .mp4; .3gp; .mpg; .mpeg; mp2; .wmv; .avi.
(b) Content Requirements:
Each Submission cannot:
1. Contain material that is violent, pornographic or otherwise obscene, illegal, or racially or morally offensive, as determined by Sponsors;
2. Contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group);
3. Include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace;
4. Invade the privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity;
5. Contain or refer to any third party product by brand name;
6. Contain or refer to any third party copyrights, trademarks, logos, or
trade dress, or
7. Violate any law, rule, or regulation that may apply to the Contest, including but not limited to those concerning copyright, plagiarism, trademark, defamation and invasion of privacy.
General Conditions on Submissions: All Submissions may be reviewed by the Sponsors.
However, such review does not relieve Contestant from responsibility for compliance with the Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply with the Official Rules, or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, may be deleted, and/or disqualified, and will not be published or considered for a prize. Sponsors make the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for a prize.
Use of any elements, including without limitation music, audio, speech/voiceovers, video, stills, visuals, or other materials that are not original or in the public domain may result in disqualification of Submission, at Sponsors' sole discretion. If a Submission features any person other than the Entrant, the Entrant should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Submission, including releases from all persons appearing in the video, location releases for all recognizable locations, and releases from all creative consultants or others who assisted in the creation of the video (in the event a Entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsors reserve the right, in Sponsors' sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances 'or Sponsors' benefit, or allow the applicable Submission to remain in Contest)
7. Use of Submissions: Once uploaded, Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. may, without additional authorization or approval of Entrant, upload and display the Submissions on its website(s) at its sole discretion, pursuant to the license granted below.
8. How Grand Prize Winner Will be Selected: The Winner will be determined by the Submission(s) that scores the highest number of votes from the Zootoo community. In the event of a tie, Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. shall, in its sole discretion, pick the winner.
Regardless of what communication may take place between Sponsors and Entrant, or what notification the Entrant may receive, no Entrant is a winner unless and until the verification procedure, described below, is completed in full.
9. Verification: The Grand Prize Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and all winnings are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsors' decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters. The Grand Prize Winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsors, within fourteen (14) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize and fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Sponsors. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), he/she forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of the Grand Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable Grand Prize to an alternate winner by based upon the selection criteria above.
10. Grand Prize:
The winner will be awarded the following prize:
One (1) year's supply of Natural Balance dog food ($1,000 value); and a trip for you and your dog to Pasadena, California ("Location") and a place for you and your dog on the Official Natural Balance float during the 120th Rose Parade® ("Event") on Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time in Pasadena, California. The trip includes attending the Event on the same date. The trip will include round-trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner, which shall originate from an airport of Sponsors' choice nearest Grand Prize winner's residence to the Location. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if the Grand Prize winner resides within 150 miles of the Location. Round-trip ground transportation will be provided for Grand Prize winner between airport and hotel at the Location, and between hotel and the Event; and two (2) nights' hotel accommodations at the Location for Grand Prize winner which shall be one room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips and other incidentals and costs are not included). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,750.
Taxes and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Grand Prize is allowed. If Grand Prize winner cannot travel on date specified by Sponsors, Grand Prize winner will forfeit all rights to the prize. Sponsors are not responsible if potential Grand Prize winner is not available to accept prize. If the Grand Prize winner is not available to travel on the date specified by Sponsors in their sole discretion, Grand Prize winner privileges and prize will be terminated, and an alternative Grand Prize winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries, if time permits. Grand Prize winner must possess valid travel documents in order to travel, and Sponsors shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitution or any act or omission whatsoever by air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations for the Grand Prize. Sponsors shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. If for any reason the Event is delayed, cancelled, or postponed, Sponsors reserve the right, but are not obligated, to cancel or modify the Contest in their discretion, and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value which may include, but is not limited to, a cash prize equivalent to the Approximate Retail Value of the trip portion of the Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules.
If any group of individuals elects to collaborate on a Submission, only the person identified as the Entrant shall be awarded the Grand Prize. Sponsors are not liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest or any Entry.
11. Contest Odds: Odds of winning the Contest Grand Prize depend on the number of Entries.
12. Publicity/Copyright License: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's consent to Sponsors' use of Entrant's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment, consideration, notification, or right of approval.
Other than any materials provided by Sponsors and the intellectual properties owned or controlled by Sponsors, Entrant retains all ownership rights in their Submission. However, by making a Submission, Entrant grants Sponsors a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, modify, edit, display, and perform the Submissions in connection with the Contest, including without limitation for promoting the Contest and Sponsors' products and services in any media formats and through any media channels in perpetuity. Entrants shall not be entitled to notification, right of approval, or additional compensation of any kind for use of either Submission pursuant to this license.
Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. may utilize pictures/stories relating to or concerning the Grand Prize winner and his/her Submission in connection with other advertising or promotion concerning the 120th Rose Parade®; and/or may post those pictures/stories on any Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. website(s).
13. Representations and Warranties: By participating in the Contests, Entrant affirms, represents, and/or warrants that: (i) Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and written permissions to use and authorize Sponsors to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Sponsors and these Official Rules; (ii) Entrant has the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the Submission in the manner contemplated by the Sponsors and these Official Rules and can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsors upon request , and (iii) Entrant's Submission is not copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless Entrant is the owner of such rights or otherwise has permission from the rightful owner(s) to participate in the Contest and to make such Submission for the purposes intended by Sponsors. Entrant further agrees that he/she will not (i) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Sponsors or any third party; (ii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iii) post advertisements or solicitations of business: (iv) impersonate another person.
14. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify all or part of the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors' reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, promotional partners, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
16. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the Website by any third party; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest
By participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) all matters related to Entrant's participation in the Contest; (ii) Entrant's use of and access to the Website; (iii) Entrant's violation of any provision of these Official Rules; (iii) Entrant's violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; and (iv) any claim that Entrant's Submission caused damage to a third party.
17. DMCA Copyright Information: Sponsors expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Submissions. Sponsors do not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on any Web Site, and Sponsors will remove all Submissions if properly notified that such Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights. Sponsors reserve the right to remove Submissions without prior notice. Sponsors will also terminate an Entrant's access to the Web Site if Entrant is determined to be, in the sole discretion of Sponsors, a repeat infringer.
Infringement Notification Procedure. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing Sponsor's Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Sponsors' designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement for this Contest is: Courtney Lucignano, Zootoo, LLC, 400 Plaza Drive, 1st Floor, Secaucus, NJ 07094, 201-520-4000 (Tel), 201-348-1909 (Fax), firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 15, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Counter-Notice. If an Entrant has his/her Submission removed under the above take-down procedure, and believes that the Submission is not infringing, the Entrant may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in New Jersey, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Sponsor may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Sponsors' sole discretion.
18. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey or the appropriate New Jersey State Court located in Hudson County, New Jersey; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Instant Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Instant Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.