PETCO Halloween Dog Photo Contest
Enter a photo of your pet dressed in an original, scary or funny costume. Winners were announced on October 31, 2008 at petco.com
The winner will receive the Grand Prize of a one year supply of food from Natural Balance Dog food!
Terms & Conditions:
PETCO.com Howl-O-Ween Pet Photo Contest
The PETCO.com “Online Howl-O-Ween Photo Contest” submission begins at 6 am PST on September 26, 2008 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on October 27, 2008. The contest will be conducted by PETCO Animal Supplies Stores, Inc. 9125 Rehco Road, San Diego, CA 92121.
Grand Prize Rules & Regulations
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Entrants/Winners must be legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 years of age or older as of September 26, 2008.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit your photo online. To upload a photo, you must register with Zootoo.com to create your profile. Upload your photo on the contest page. Photos are posted on the contest page and are voted on by the Zootoo.com community. To be eligible to win, your submission must include the following:
- Submit photos in which your pet is in focus and the subject of the photograph
- No humans in the photographs
- No choke or pinch collars
- No artificial or real fur as props
- File format: JPEG
PET PHOTOS: Photos must be your original work and you must have full ownership rights to the photo. Do not include humans in the photographs. Photos become the property of PETCO Animal Supplies Stores, Inc. (referenced herein as "PETCO", which will have the right, without further consideration, to modify and/or use them in its catalog, web site and in any other publication for promotional purposes. By entering, you agree to PETCO's use of your pet's name and likeness for promotional purposes in its TV, radio, web site and any other publication for promotional purposes.
3. PARTICIPATION: To participate in the Contest, you must (i) be a legal resident of the United States including the District of Columbia, (ii) be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry; (iii) be or become a Zootoo member having a Zootoo user account; and (iv) go to the Contest web site (the "Contest Site") and follow the instructions to register as a participant and complete and submit an entry as specified. Only one entry per person. Registration with Zootoo.com and the Contest Site are free to the public. Participants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified. Photos become the property of PETCO.com which will have the right, without further consideration, to modify and/or use them in its catalog, web site and in any other publication for promotional purposes.
4. HOW TO VOTE: Once you have registered with Zootoo.com, you will be able to vote for the photos you like. A user is allowed one vote per photo by clicking on the "vote" button. You can vote for as many photos as you like. You cannot vote for your own photo.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One winner from each category (Dog, Cat and Small Animal) will be determined by the number of votes received by Zootoo.com site visitors, between September 26, 2008, through October 27, 2008. Winners were posted on October 31, 2008 at petco.com and may be featured in various promotional materials. We reserve the right to pick the winner if for any reason the one that wins the community voting is deemed ineligible. In the event of a tie of multiple eligible winners, the user who entered first will be declared the winner. Odds of becoming a finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received. The selection process will be conducted under the supervision of the PETCO and Zootoo.com, whose decisions are final and binding.
6. GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: There will be one Grand Prize Winner for each category: Dog, Cat and Small Animal. The Dog and Cat category winners will receive a one-year supply of Natural Balance food (up to 12 dry dog food bags or 12 wet food cases in a consecutive 12 month period). The Small Animal category winner will receive a $100 PETCO.com Online Gift Certificate. All shipping costs are included in prize. Approximate retail value of entire prize not to exceed $700.00. Any expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. Prizes must be claimed by December 1, 2008. Winners will be notified by email. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per individual/family or household.
7. All entries submitted become the property of PETCO and will not be returned. Contest ends October 31, 2008. Neither PETCO, Zootoo.com, and Natural Balance, Inc., nor any of its agents, employees, parents, affiliates or subsidiaries are responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, for hardware or software or any telephone, electronic, network or computer malfunctions, failures, errors or data inaccuracies. In the event this contest becomes technically corrupt in any way, electronically or otherwise, sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the contest. In such an event, winners will be selected for any remaining prizes by random drawing from among all valid entries received before cancellation, termination or suspension.
8. All aspects of the prize are NON-TRANSFERABLE and no substitutions are allowed. No cash equivalent or exchange of prize is permitted and any and all local and state or federal taxes resulting from winning and accepting this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
9. The contest is only open to U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older as of September 26, 2008, excluding all full or part-time employees of PETCO, Zootoo.com, Natural Balance, Inc. and any parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies of each, as well as their agents and representatives. This offer is void wherever prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
10. Entrants, by participating in the Contest agree to waive (and potential winners in accepting their prize, must agree in writing to waive) any and all claims of liability against PETCO, Zootoo.com, Natural Balance, Inc. and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and agencies, representatives and employees from any accident, loss or injury occurring from this promotion or in any way related to the prize or the use or misuse thereof.
11. Winners must agree in writing to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade and promoting in any and all media on behalf of PETCO, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
12. For a list of winners, available after November 03, 2008, send a self addressed, stamped envelope by November 14, 2008 to: PETCO Animal Supplies Stores, Inc. Attn: Howl-O-Ween Pet Photo Contest (E-Commerce), 9125 Rehco Road, San Diego, CA 92121-2270.
The sponsors of this promotion are PETCO Animal Supplies Stores, Inc. Zootoo.com and Natural Balance, Inc.