PETCO Foundation Pet Photo Contest
Your pet could be famous!
Enter a pet photo for your cutie's chance to be a star in the 2009 PETCO Foundation's Fundraiser Calendar. Calendar proceeds will go to the Foundation to help pets everywhere.
TWELVE GRAND PRIZES will be awarded for our 12 selections for the monthly pages of our 2009 PETCO Foundation Calendar.
The Winning Pet Parents will receive a bundle of goodies: $100 in pet supplies, $50 PETCO.com Gift Certificate, 5 2009 Foundation Calendars featuring their star and unlimited bragging rights for the year!
This contest ended on August 1st, 2008. The winners will be announced in September.
Terms & Conditions:
The PETCO Foundation 2009 Making A Difference Calendar Photo Contest submission begins at 1 PM PST on July 11, 2008 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on August 1, 2008. The winner selection will take place Aug 4 - Aug 8, 2008 PST. Contest conducted by the PETCO Foundation, San Diego, CA, 9125 Rehco Road, San Diego, CA 92121.
Grand Prize Rules & Regulations
1. Entrants/Winners must be legal residents of the U.S. and at least 18 years old as of July 1, 2008. A $5 donation is requested, but is not mandatory. To donate, please visit www.petco.com/Page.aspx?PC=donations&Nav=541&cm_ven=zootoo&cm_ite=foundationphoto
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, submit your 266 DPI jpeg online. Link to the contest entry page can be found at petcofoundation.org.
To be eligible to win, your submission must include the following:
- Submit photos in which your pet is in focus and the subject of the photograph
- No humans in the photographs
- No choke or pinch collars
- No artificial or real fur as props
- File format: JPEG medium or higher compression
- Resolution please submit 5 megapixel images taken at your camera's highest resolution settings. (266 dpi)
- Orientation: Horizontal images are preferred
- If adopted, from what shelter or rescue group
- Description (400 characters or less) including Pets Name and Submitters Last name (i.e. Scruffy Wilson) and telling us why your pet makes a difference in your life. Story editing may be necessary for printing due to length of story.
To upload a photo, you must register with zootoo.com to create your profile. Upload your photo on the contest page. Photos are posted on the contest page and are voted on by the zootoo.com community.
3. Photos must be your original work and you must have full ownership rights to the photo. Do not include humans in the photographs. Photos become the property of PETCO Animal Supplies Inc and the PETCO Foundation (referenced herein as "PETCO", which will have the right, without further consideration, to modify and/or use them in its catalog, website and in any other publication for promotional purposes. By entering, you agree to PETCO's use of your pet's name and likeness for promotional purposes in its TV, radio, web site and any other publication for promotional purposes.
4. SELECTION OF FINALISTS: Twelve monthly winners will be chosen by a panel of PETCO Foundation employees. The panel of judges will select finalists based on the pets' photogenic quality, photo creativity, and the written description telling us why your pet makes a difference in your life. Winners will be posted at petcofoundation.org the week of September 1st, 2008 and may be featured in various promotional materials. The selection process will be conducted under the supervision of the PETCO Foundation, whose decisions are final and binding.
5. GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: Twelve grand prizes will be awarded to the 12 finalists. All winners will receive one (1) designated month for their pet in the 2009 calendar (50,000 copies sold nationwide), one (1) $50 PETCO.com gift certificate, $100 retail of specific pet products (selected and shipped from the PETCO Foundation), one (1) PETCO Foundation "Lovable Pets" Photo Album and five (5) 2009 calendars. Winners will be notified by email or phone. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per individual/family or household. Winners will be posted at petcofoundation.org the week of September 1, 2008. and may be featured in various promotional materials. The selection process will be conducted under the supervision of the PETCO Foundation, whose decisions are final and binding.
6. All entries submitted become the property of PETCO and will not be returned. Contest ends August 1st, 2008. Neither PETCO or any of its agents, employees, parents, affiliates or subsidiaries are responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, postage due mail, for hardware or software or any telephone, electronic, network or computer malfunctions, failures, errors or data inaccuracies. In the event this contest becomes technically corrupt in any way, electronically or otherwise, sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the contest. In such an event, winners will be selected for any remaining prizes by random drawing from among all valid entries received before cancellation, termination or suspension.
7. All aspects of the prize are NON-TRANSFERABLE and no substitutions are allowed. No cash equivalent or exchange of prize is permitted and any and all local and state or federal taxes resulting from winning and accepting this prize is the responsibility of the winner.
8. The contest is only open to U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older as of July 1st, 2008 This offer is void wherever prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
9. Entrants, by participating in the Contest agree to waive any and all claims of liability against PETCO, PETCO.com , the PETCO Foundation, zootoo.com and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and agencies, representatives and employees from any accident, loss or injury occurring from this promotion or in any way related to the prize or the use or misuse thereof.
10. Winners hereby agree to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade and promoting in any and all media on behalf of PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc., without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. Winners will be posted at petcofoundation.org the week of September 1st, 2008.
12. Calendars will be available for sale in all PETCO stores nationwide beginning October 1, 2008 (subject to change due to printing edits and/or delays)