DK PUBLISHING PHOTO CONTEST
Enter a photo of your favorite pet or animal and you could win a copy of Animal Life: Secrets of the Animal World Revealed (ARV $50) and/or Hollywoof: Celebrity Dogs Bite Back (ARV $10) by DK Publishing. Submissions will be voted upon by registered users of zootoo.com, and five (5) grand prize winners and ten (10) runner-up winners will be determined immediately following the close of the Contest.
No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia ages 18 and over. All entries must be submitted between October 22, 2008 and December 15, 2008. Void where prohibited by law.
Terms & Conditions:
DK Publishing Photo Contest on Zootoo.com
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO WIN.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, ages 18 and over.
HOW TO ENTER
1. To enter the DK Publishing Photo Contest on Zootoo.com (the “Contest”), entrants must first become registered users of Zootoo.com by completing its registration process. Next, visit the contest page at www.zootoo.com/petphotocontest/dkpublishingphotocontest and follow the instructions. Entrants must submit a photograph of their pet(s) or other animal(s), with or without humans. Only one photograph per entrant may be submitted, and each submission must be a JPEG of medium or higher compression, 300 dpi resolution. Submissions will be accepted between 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (ET) on October 22, 2008 and 11:59:59 PM ET on December 15, 2008 (“Promotional Period”). Photos will be posted on the contest page and will be voted on by registered users of Zootoo.com during the Promotional Period. Limit one entry per person and per Zootoo.com account.
2. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by these rules, and represent and warrant that the entries are their own and original creations, and do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
3. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible, or incomplete. No responsibility is assumed for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries. Entries must be suitable for publication (i.e. not obscene, offensive or indecent). Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and remove any entry containing racial or ethnic slurs, explicit language or sexual content or otherwise offensive or illegal material.
4. DK Publishing, a division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
1. Registered users of Zootoo.com will vote for their favorite photos. They may vote for as many photos as they wish, but they may vote only once for each photo. Immediately following the end of the Promotional Period, all votes will be counted by Zootoo.com to determine five (5) grand prize winners and ten (10) runner-up winners. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to the selection of the winners, and in regard to all matters relating to this Contest, shall be final.
2. In the event of a tie or ties in the number of votes an entry receives, Sponsor will do a random drawing to determine the five (5) grand prize winners and ten (10) runner-up winners.
3. Winners will be notified by Zootoo.com via email and asked to send their first and last names, ages, phone numbers and mailing information to Zootoo.com. Individuals who receive a notification email must respond within fourteen (14) days or they will forfeit their prize.
1. Five (5) grand prize winners will each receive a copy of Animal Life: Secrets of the Animal World Revealed, edited by Charlotte Uhlenbroek and a copy of Hollywoof: Celebrity Dogs Bite Back, by Nasim Mawji, both published by DK Publishing (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $60.00). Ten (10) runner-up winners will each receive a copy of Hollywoof: Celebrity Dogs Bite Back by Nasim Mawji (ARV: $10.00).
2. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
1. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, ages 18 and over. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
2. Employees, their immediate family members and individuals living in the same household, of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies or the agencies of any of these, and authors are not eligible for this Contest.
1. No cash substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes allowed. In the event of the unavailability of a prize or prizes, Sponsor may substitute a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
2. All expenses, including taxes (if any), on receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
3. Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. The Affidavit must be returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or another winner will be selected. Should the ARV equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
4. By accepting a prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their entries in connection with this Contest, and to further use their names, likenesses, and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, contestants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies or the agencies of any of them and the authors of the books promoted hereby from any liability, injury, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected to participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes.
6. Any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants’ consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
For a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 15, 2009 to DK, a division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc., 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, ATTN.: DK Publishing Photo Contest on Zootoo.com.
DK Publishing, A Division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
375 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014