By Zootoo Pet News Staff | 8

Ozzy Pawsbourne and Almost-A-Dog top this year's list of quirkiest monikers. Fido, Spot or Fluffy? For some peculiar pet owners, these names are just too traditional. Although "Bella" and "Max" currently lead the pack as the nation's most popul… more ›

Wackiest Pet Names of 2011
Y6kats

Y6kats

My 2nd Papillon I named Manaba Aponi (called her Poni for short) A combination of Arapaho and Iriquois, Manaba means "war returned with her coming" and Aponi is "butterfly" So to me her name meant "war returned with the butterfly's coming". The Papillon I have now is Kipopo, a Swahili word for Butterfly. My Pom-mix is Kima, Swahili for Monkey.

3dog1catnite

3dog1catnite

I have two Chihuahuas, one male and one female, named Eros, the God of Love, and Psyche, who was Eros wife in mythology. I have an Australian Sheperd named Black Moon Lillith May, because there is an astrological term called the Black Moon Lillith, and she was born during a New Moon in May. And I have a cat named Libby because I'm a Libra.

Shelly44

Shelly44

I have two cats, one is named Mrs. Belle Beasley, I loved that doll. My other cat is named Matthew, he was named by a little girl who picked out names from the bible for all the cats born in Matthew's litter. Neat idea.

WhaleyB

WhaleyB

I've had many (too many) cats for years. This is the first pointed white semi-long hair one that I've had. He really looks like a lilac point Balinese breed and I felt he deserved a unique name. One day "Puffernuse" popped into my head - like the puffernuse cookies I've seen that are a creamy white with fainted tinted edges. It just lends itself to the baby talk he often hears. Only problem is my husband can't remember that name and calls him Pumpernickle and darned if he doesn't come to that name too now.

Bbadsenji

Bbadsenji

We started with a red Basenji named Shoshanah (which means Rose), whose mother's name was Rose. Her daughter, Lilah (Night) was black. Her son, Dalet (that's thee 4th letter of the Alef-bet) was the 4th born. Then there was Shaq who was born in Shaquille ONeal's rookie year — my husband often called him Shmucky or Shmuckers. And now we have Ely and Arlo. We just like the name Ely (instead of Robert as the breeder called him). And Arlo was named for the singer, Arlo Guthrie.

Momba

Momba

Ha ha ha! I like Franco Furter. Do you suppose it'a a dachshund? I also think some of the names Ches215 came up with are good, too!

What about Fluffer nuggets, Shortykins, Skitters, Skitterbutt, Purrpurrhead, Novita, Splashes, Splotches, Slimey, Halloweenie, Party, Puppy, Holiday, Pillowpet, Chirstmas, Aushaunti, Wild, Kitten and Momma Pitt The most unusal pet name I have heard is (Sir Hairy Ruffle Bottom) Which was a cat my mom use to have.