Thu, Mar 3 | By Zootoo Pet News Staff | 3

Finalists announced for Humane Society's canine badge of courage. To dog owners, every canine is a hero -- inspiring humans and providing unconditional love every day. But certain dogs have gone to extraordinary lengths to exemplify the … more ›

Vote for Your Favorite 'Dog of Valor'
Valeska

Valeska

I had goose bumps just reading about all of these wonderful dogs. Their heroism makes choosing one very difficult.

this is an impossable task. they are all heros to me.

Skitters is my hero but also a hero for cats cause she knows when my blood sugar is high and when it is low and she will tell me one night I was about to go back to sleep after getting up to use the bathroom I felt fine and Skitters nudged me and wouldn't stop I had no idea what she wanted finally she stopped when she saw me grab my blood sugar machine so I checked it and it was 26 I was lucky that Skitters was there she saved my life that night. Also I never find stray cats and stray dogs and animals that are hurt or in danger it is always Skitters she is the one who finds them all not me. Skitters has never had puppies and is spayed but she found a husky puppy one year a male that was alot bigger than her. I named him Champion he was a stray and he was always in my front yard every morning since my mom would not let him stay in the house with us and thought he belonged to some one. Skitters treated champion like he was her puppy though she always wanted to make sure he was okay and she would not sleep at night cause she was worried about him. Champion did eventually go to the shelter and find a good home though.