Sun, Apr 25 | By Robin Wallace | 21

The romantic comedy "The Back-Up Plan," starring Jennifer Lopez and Alex O’Loughlin, opened this weekend at the box office. And for homeless and handicapped pets, the movie is more than just a fun flick. "[Chloe] has a pet store but do… more ›

"The Back-Up Plan" Raises Awareness of Homeless, Handicapped Pets

chloe is the best

Stephanie

Stephanie

I'm glad a movie is promoting rescue and disabled pets who really need good homes.

amy m.

amy m.

not a flattering picture to portray the message of the article. i am glad Hollywood is finally catching on!

A good way to raise awareness & for people to realize that pet stores that sell pets from breeders/mills are cruel!

Michele Z.

Michele Z.

It wasn't too long ago that toilets were not allowed to be shown on TV--now an open one is on the internet, and Zootoo to boot!!

i can't believe i am going to say this but maybe using dogs that are not handicapped is a good thing. it might be too tireing to a truley handicapped dog. it still send the message

Bowne

Bowne

What a great way to raise awareness for homeless/handicapped animals. It is nice to see that the folks in Hollywood are doing this.

celebs are a gret way to get the news out for sure

Kris

Kris

This sounds like a great movie. Anything that raises awareness to help homeless and handicapped animals is a winner.

kris you are right on. i am going to try to see it

Michele Z.

Michele Z.

It is nice to know that some films are actually using REAL animals. There are so many movies these days with the computer-animated "stars" that look so fakey they aren't even interesting to watch.

the only one that used a computer animal that i really liked was the newer king kong. he was beautiful and you couldn't even tell they even had his movements down pat

More Awareness is good for these pets I always want to help the dogs and cats that are diabetic cause I am diabetic myself and I know how hard that can be. One time we went to the humane socitey to get a dog and our first chioce was a three legged male dalmation he was friendly and just the sweeest dog but when we returned and had decide on a dog he was already adopted and so was our second choice a female hound dog with holes in her ears like they had been pierced but she had also been adopted so the final decision was a female black lab puppy we named her Kirby she was a friendly playful dog and we loved her alot but there was one problem she had a disablity she was terrified of cars and traffic and no one told us this at the shelter she was so terrifed that we had to take her back if we would have known this we probably would have been prepared for this when we got her but we had no idea. The fact is when I volunteer at the humane socitey of cowlitz county I seem to see alot of mental health problems and physical health problems and even physcological problems that alot of other people seem to miss so I am the one informing them but the problems never seem to get taken care of cause they choose not to believe alot of their volunteers. They had a 6 month old male pitt bull puppy there when I was in my freshman year of high school I volunteered there one day and walked the puppy his name was spanky and he was so loveable and playful and I decided that I would walk him my plan was to try and run out his energy before walking him on the leash but some one was in the fenced yard area with another dog already so I had no choice but to walk him without running out his energy so I walked him and he was a big puppy at about 75 pounds and still growing there was nothing on his papers that warned any one that he was so strong and hyper I knew he was strong and knew he was hyper but I thought once outside his personality might change but I was wrong I had a hooded sweatshirt on that the sleeves were so long that they hung down over my hands and I never rolled them up so it was partly my fault too for not remembering that every thing is a toy to a puppy. Spanky wagged his tail and jumped on me and then he grabbed my sleeve and tugged like he was playing tug of war I couldn't get him to stop or calm down even when I turned my back to him so I screamed seeing no one else around I screamed help some one please help me. Finally a animal officer came out along with another guy that was a volunteer and helped me out my sweater was destroyed and my muscles where so sore and I told them he was just a hyper puppy my mom wanted him put down even though he was just doing what puppies do he didn't know any better I am glad they found him a home and did not put him down but still I had no warning of his behavior until after it happened they said he had done it to other volunteers and workers before and that it just had never been put down on his papers that hung on his kennel door. It was not the dogs fault though I think they should have put it down though it would not be a good idea for him to go to a home with small children.

HandicappedPets

HandicappedPets

Thank you for creating awareness of handicapped pets. There are wonderful products, services and support - including information about the Walkin Wheels dog wheelchair -available at handicappedpets.com/www/index.php