Mon, Apr 26 | By Margo Ann Sullivan | 17

PLAISTOW, N.H. ─ First-grader Chassity Gregoire remembers a special day last year. “It was like a bright sunny day,” she said, when Jolly the dog came to thank the Pollard School kindergarten. The children helped pay for surgery that saved his … more ›

Small Change, Big Lessons for Kindergarten Helping Hurt Animals
Stephanie

Stephanie

That is such a sweet story! What a wonderful life lesson for those kids!

AWWWW!!!!! I really think all school lessons plans should include something about kindness to animals & include fundraisers!

there is hope for the next generation after all. wonderful kids

Jillian

Jillian

gotta get to em while they're young.

Bowne

Bowne

What a wonderful story. What a great way to inspire the children and help dogs who really need it.

it is wonderful that they have learned kindness to animals so young. the only way to do it

Kavykeeper

Kavykeeper

A great cause and a wonderful learning experience for the kids.

kavi you are so right. it is a wonderful thing these children and their parents are helping like this

Michele Z.

Michele Z.

It would be nice if members of the School Board and/or school administrators would "learn" about giving from the first-graders and also contribute to this good cause!

that is a wonderful sugestion. the school could match the funds donated it is not like it would break their bank

The Title first kinda scared me cause it says kindergarten helping hurt animals that title can be taken both ways, but good article. I remember when I was in middle school I had a step cousin that was only 6 or 7 years old at the time and he was nice but he would go and take harmless gardener snakes and swing them around and slam them against the cement and even rip off and cut off their heads I always told him that it was mean and I told his mom too but nothing was ever done about it he now alot older and no longer does it but I always wished I could have saved those snakes there was one time I saved a bucket of the snakes that he was gonna go and throw on a roaring fire the snakes were alive I grabbed the bucket and ran to the field and dumped out all of the snakes and they had all slithered off before he was able to catch up to me. When I was 8 years old I tried to save injured worms in my little dirt made worm hospital that I would find that were injured and the next morning they were all gone I never realized until I was older that dirt could not keep them in one spot in the yard. But there are other animals that I have saved before that have been ill or injured or were just strays with no where else to go. Such as Honey the siamese cat he was just a stray cat that I took in and took care of until he went to rescued paws and got adopted. Then there was Meow he is still at rescued paws waiting to be adopted his name has changed to Markus but he is the worlds perfect cat. I saved him from being a stray before I could take him in my house though the neighbor found him and took him in her house and she told me she is a crazy cat lady when she brought him out he was in worse shape than when I had found him I told her he was my cat and that is how I got him back he had tons of fleas and horrible ear mites when he came outta there that day he went to rescued paws luckily, He is safe now.

i have read several times that the serial killers we now have running rampent abused animals as children and as they got older it escalated to people. parents defintly need to watch their kids more carefully

Kris

Kris

What a great story. I love to see children involved in helping animals. They need to learn young.

I agree my 16 year old brother calls my dog dumn and he hits her and teases her and kicks her he doesn't understand why he should not do that when I am around or my mom or other brother are around he does not get away with it his girlfriend does the same thing to her own dog. My cousins got two poodles and did not take care of them Angel the older one got a new home after a few months but her younger sister Cricket was ignored not fed and left in a bedroom by herself for months on end but once my grandma started going over there every day she let cricket out and fed her and when Cricket had gotten loose and had been hit by a car my grandma was the only one that Cricket trusted. Since my great grandpa passed away my grandma took Cricket home and now Cricket is safe and happy. I had two of my other cousins that they were about 7 and they brought home two gerbils and saw something and said there was small piece of bubble gum in the cage that they needed to throw out I looked and the gerbils were having babies they were lucky that I was there cause I told them what was happening and then they took care of them and did not throw out the pink babies that they thought were bubble gum at first. This is why children need to be edaucated about animals at an early age I am glad this school did this I wish more schools were like that.

Kris

Kris

It is too bad your brother and his girlfriend do not know how to treat animals. I agree more schools should do programs like this.

Jillian

Jillian

you really should have someone from the humane society speak to your brother. or at least threaten to call them.

Kitty W.