By Charlotte Reed | 8

Tips for preparing your cats for visitors. Having friends or family stay for a visit gives you the opportunity to relax, talk and enjoy time together. However, being the purrfect host can be difficult whether you have a social, outgoing … more ›

Purr-fect Housecat Hosts
Michele Z.

Michele Z.

I think cats will vary in their reaction to visitors, based on the nature of the visitors. For example, cats may be curious about a single visitor but be fearful when multiple people come into the house.

When I have people coming into the house, I just make sure that a door to the outside is NEVER left open. My cats are not likely to run outside (they know they are indoor-only kitties), but I still want to prevent any possible "escapes".

that is my problem with my boys they can fly right out. people just don't think. it is like they are raised in a barn

This is great for cat owners/guardians to read!

it certently is one of the best ones.

Well good advice but Teddy is 18 years old she is not able to handle that type of stress so she stays in the bedroom. As for Shorty if he is tormented or harrassed he will get aggressive so he has to stay in the bedroom as well cause some people just don't understand. Miss Kitty my grandma's cat she is able to sit and tolarate any guest as long as they leave her alone but children and teenagers are at my grandma's house at this time of year so even though Miss Kitty does not have front claws these children and teenagers don't know any better and she has to be put away in a room all alone where only certain people can go in and check on her and even though she doesn't like me I am one of those people and I will leave her alone after checking on her. Plus even though she does not have claws she has teeth and she can bite hard she has bitten me before and I will never understand why she doesn't like me I am there almost every week it has been that way since she was a kitten but actually she liked me when she was a kitten. I think whatever you do with your cat on the holidays or any other pet should be what makes them the happiest and the safest and keeps you happy as well is the best option.

ches as usual you make very good points. it is more important to keep our pets stress free. they have no where to go. if someone doesn't like them or have alergys they should stay home. it is their house