Wed, Jul 14 | By Kris O'Donnell | 8

A veterinarian who makes house calls? It’s true! In some areas across the U.S., mobile vets calm pet anxiety and provide stress-free care at home. For many dogs and cats, a visit to the vet’s office can be scary and stressful which, … more ›

For Nervous Dogs and Cats, Vet House Calls Fit the Bill
Stephanie

Stephanie

I would love to have a vet come to my house for my cats. They do not like to go in the carrier and hate riding in a car. My little kitten traveled very well, I hope that continues. My dog doesn't mind going to the vet at all.

i think this would be less stressful to any animal

With Skitters this would not work she even freaks out at home when we put her frontline on her or we give her a bath. I am diabetic and when I take my shots if she is watching she sees the needle and starts to shake and get really nervous then too. Shorty seems to like everyone and doesn't have a problem with the vet he would though if the vet were a man I have had him since he was a kitten and for some reason he is fearful of all men. As for Teddy she is so layed back that I don't think she has a problem with the vet either. Come to think of it Skitters is even nervous at the groomers. But I have heard of this idea before and I like it for the pets who need this excperince to be more calming. Also barnyard animals too it is easier if the vet comes up to the farm to see say a cow or a horse than if you were to bring the cow or the horse to the vet espicaily a clydesdale horse. Sorry if I spelled anything wrong.

ches i am so sorry it is so stressful for skitters. we do have a mobile vet here fo large animals

Dennis S.

Dennis S.

We actually have 2 mobile vets in our area which is surprising as we only have 150-160,000 people in our county but we also have a higher than average number of the elderly.

years ago when i had horses the vet would come out and only charge 5 extra dollars then an office visit. i bet it is much higher now but still so helpful

I wish more vets had this option, as there are many pets that freak out when they go to the vet.

my vet is not mobile but if i have a real emergency with one of my boys i think he would stop on his way home. i am such a big fan of his and i tryst him