Five Pet-Friendly Fall Getaways
Enjoy the autumn with your four-legged friends.
Autumn has arrived! And as the weather finally begins turns cooler, fall is the perfect time to enjoy the great outdoors with your pet before winter arrives, so hit the road and soak up the last rays of sun.
Here are five of our favorite fur-friendly destinations for fall:
1. EPIC Hotel. If your hometown feels more wintry than autumnal these days, head to Kimpton's EPIC Hotel in downtown Miami, Florida for plenty of warmth. Pets stay free, and can enjoy VIP (Very Important Pet) amenities, including their own bowl and bed. The hotel's staff can also help you coordinate pet sitting, grooming, walking and massages. www.epichotel.com
2. The Paw House Inn in West Rutland/Killington, Vermont, is a dog-themed hotel catering to pet parents who enjoy a bed-and-breakfast experience. Activities such as the Paw House Park -- a football-field-sized dog run and agility course -- and the Paw House University, a full-service training camp, will keep your pooch barking with joy while you relish the surrounding natural beauty. www.pawhouseinn.com
3. Provincetown, Massachusetts recently earned the designation of "DogTown USA" from Dog Fancy magazine. This picturesque spot on the tip of Cape Cod welcomes pets almost everywhere, including in stores and at off-leash beaches. The town's Pilgrim Bark Park also earned the magazine's No. 2 spot in national ratings of dog parks. www.provincetown.com
4. Hotel Benjamin. If you prefer urban adventures for your fall getaway, this Big Apple spot will make your pooch feel pampered. The Benjamin's "Dream Dog" program offers specialty memoryfoam orthopedic dog beds from the "Dog Bed Menu," with extra sheets. Order house-made dog food via room service from the ScooterFood® menu cooked with "human-quality ingredients" like salmon, tofu, or chicken and vegetables, which your dog consumes from ceramic bowls in a wrought iron stand, all resting on a chenille place mat. www.thebenjamin.com
5. Home--there's no place like it! Even if your fall plans don't include an out-of-town jaunt, you can enjoy autumn outdoors with your pets. Spend an extra hour at the dog run, grab the leash and head out for a twilight walk, or enjoy the cozy indoors with catnip toys and purry snuggling. Your pets will thank you for it!
Are you traveling with your pets this fall? Do you have special activities for cooler weather? Tell us below!
We’ve all grown accustomed to the many fundraisers and charitable events that the pet industry produces for homeless pets. From pet food companies… more ›