Readers' Comments

add comment

Article:

Wed, Oct 10 | By AP | 128

Thumper, a black Labrador retriever, is getting credit for saving a Greenville man when a fire swept through his home. Roland Cote said his wife and their 7-year-old grandson were away when the blaze started early Sunday in a converted t… more ›

Dog Saves Family From Fire Blamed on Cat
67 results

1 | 2 |

Erika B.
Flag

Erika B.
5 years ago

Labs are just great dogs and this story is more evidence to that effect.

Good Point | Reply ›

Amber A.
Flag

Amber A.
5 years ago

another story of cats vs dogs!

Good Point | Reply ›

JacquelineR
Flag

JacquelineR
6 years ago

I think the people should get the blame, not the cat. Good thing the dog saved them though.

Good Point | Reply ›

collyn f.
Flag

collyn f.
6 years ago

this woulda been interesting

Good Point | Reply ›

Sarah H.
Flag

Sarah H.
6 years ago

I wish ZooToo would keep the stories up longer.

Good Point | Reply ›

Candice B.
Flag

Candice B.
6 years ago

the headline alone...lolol

Good Point | Reply ›

Tami T.
Flag

Tami T.
6 years ago

Yay for the doggie hero!

Good Point | Reply ›

Felicia
Flag

Felicia
6 years ago

great story

Good Point | Reply ›

mike o.
Flag

mike o.
6 years ago

blame the owner, not blame the cat.

Good Point | Reply ›

Matt & Margaret M.
Flag

Matt & Margaret M.
6 years ago

the cat did it,lit the match and everything how dumb

Good Point | Reply ›

Margene  W.
Flag

Margene W.
6 years ago

Should read "fire blamed on forgetful human"-lucky he has pets who saved his life!

Good Point | Reply ›

Rlhime
Flag

Rlhime
7 years ago

I'm glad everyone is OK.

Good Point | Reply ›

Kelly
Flag

Kelly
7 years ago

Sure, blame the cat.

Good Point | Reply ›

shelia s.
Flag

shelia s.
7 years ago

I have a cat that 1 year ago she knocked over our heater while we were sleeping. Thank god the house didn't catch on fire, but it did melt the carpet in one spot!

Good Point | Reply ›

Tammyg
Flag

Tammyg
7 years ago

Animals to the rescue!

Good Point | Reply ›

Jetty0161
Flag

Jetty0161
7 years ago

Cats knock things over - don't leave fire sources unattended!

Good Point | Reply ›

Lucasrichter
Flag

Lucasrichter
7 years ago

Wow, awesome dog.
By why was there a working kerosene lamp in the first place?

Good Point | Reply ›

Acart1170
Flag

Acart1170
7 years ago

Poor cats get blamed for everything

Good Point | Reply ›

Morgan
Flag

Morgan
7 years ago

Obviously the homeowners were trying to save on their electric bill but the end result is far more damaging

Good Point | Reply ›

Tazrad
Flag

Tazrad
7 years ago

I am glad that the cat gets the blame. Great job Thumper.

Good Point | Reply ›

Ptaws
Flag

Ptaws
7 years ago

Glad the family escaped ok, and thankfully the dog was able to warn the family.

But I really would hate to hear anyone villify the cat for being a "bad" culprit in this case. Cats get into stuff like cats will get into stuff. Accidents are accidents, and no one should think any harshly of the cat.

Good Point | Reply ›

Abg8s
Flag

Abg8s
7 years ago

this is a great story. many lives have been saved by our loving pets

Good Point | Reply ›

Spydog0619
Flag

Spydog0619
7 years ago

kool dog good job for saving someone!!!!!!!!!=)

Good Point | Reply ›

Larii
Flag

Larii
7 years ago

Aww, how ironic.

Bad reputation for the cat.
Haha.
This story left me with the warm feeling though, since everyone got out alive and well.

Good Point | Reply ›

Kim D.
Flag

Kim D.
7 years ago

That is amazing!

Good Point | Reply ›

Deborah H.
Flag

Deborah H.
7 years ago

And this is why dogs chase cats....

Good Point | Reply ›

amy c.
Flag

amy c.
7 years ago

lol i guess in this battle of cats and dogs the dog wins - lol. Poor kitty not his fault - BLAME IT ON THE TAIL!!!

Good Point | Reply ›

GabbyGirl
Flag

GabbyGirl
7 years ago

Glad eveyone got out save, but frist the man should have never went to sleep with a kerosene lantern on and plus that is not safe when you have pets. The cat is not to blame, the cat owner is to blame!

Good Point | Reply ›

CaTy
Flag

CaTy
7 years ago

This guy shouldn't have fallen asleep with the lantern lit. I find this story funny in the way of the forever ongoing cat verses dog. This one bends towards the dog lovers....cat burns down house, dog saves lives. Classic. But its only funny because no one was hurt.

Good Point | Reply ›

Mcg8s
Flag

Mcg8s
7 years ago

They are all very lucky they made it out alive. This is a very strong lesson to learn.... never leave candles or anything burning unattended because you never know. Animals are like little kids and some little kids find themselves into trouble even when they didn't mean to.

Good Point | Reply ›

Golfvek43
Flag

Golfvek43
7 years ago

Dogs are the best. Noah should have brought only one cat on the Ark

Good Point | Reply ›

Arcoraci
Flag

Arcoraci
7 years ago

This one's for all the dog lovers who are married to cat owners. Score one for the dogs!

Good Point | Reply ›

Hageelectric
Flag

Hageelectric
7 years ago

what a hero?? Dogs are the best companions!

Good Point | Reply ›

silver d.
Flag

silver d.
7 years ago

Glad everyone is safe. Poor Princess, lol.

Good Point | Reply ›

Marshamartinis
Flag

Marshamartinis
7 years ago

Why on earth were they burning a kerosene lantern when they were asleep??? It sounds more to me like the Human would be more at fault for the fire as opposed to the cat....

Good Point | Reply ›

HeatherAshley
Flag

HeatherAshley
7 years ago

sure blame it on the cat. what about the owner. glad everyone was ok

Good Point | Reply ›

Dragon6483
Flag

Dragon6483
7 years ago

...we were playing an online video game once...and one of our friends went missing for about 10 minutes...when he got back, we inquired about his absence. Turned out he had to chase down his cat who was singed/fired from walking across the stove top he had his dinner heating up on. Cat's are such pyros...I <3 it!

Good Point | Reply ›

k r.
Flag

k r.
7 years ago

Guess we know who is in the dog house!

Good Point | Reply ›

Bcoo
Flag

Bcoo
7 years ago

don't blame the cat!

Good Point | Reply ›

Wrhsdirector
Flag

Wrhsdirector
7 years ago

Bad Kitty! I am glad that everyone got out okay. You must be careful with lanterns, candles, or anything burning because the cats will jump up and check it out.

Good Point | Reply ›

Xoxoissyb07xoxo
Flag

Xoxoissyb07xoxo
7 years ago

wow, that dog was really smart! go dogs!

Good Point | Reply ›

Hope
Flag

Hope
7 years ago

Thank god everyone got out okay! The family should be more careful with flamable objects around their pets, but all in all, great job Thumper!

Good Point | Reply ›

Kittybratgurl11
Flag

Kittybratgurl11
7 years ago

i'm glad everyone is ok it isn't really the cats fault it was probaly walking around and it's tail probaly hit it on accident or it could have but you can't always blame it on the cat but the dog is hero

Good Point | Reply ›

Animalcare123
Flag

Animalcare123
7 years ago

I am glad that no one got hurt but some times things happen. I just wouldnt have claimed the cat was the one who done it.I think it was the owners fault.

Good Point | Reply ›

Luvndogs
Flag

Luvndogs
7 years ago

Aww what a touching story!What a dog!

Good Point | Reply ›

Emo
Flag

Emo
7 years ago

Glad to hear the dog is the hero, but like others have said, if you have a cat you have to know that they are curious enough to pose a danger to a situation like that.

Good Point | Reply ›

Nicepets
Flag

Nicepets
7 years ago

I often fear that very thing, a fire in the night. And I wonder if my dogs would warn me. My G.Shep told on my other dog, one day, when she was digging in the trash in another room. Came to my bedroom, groaning and moaning, a lip curling grin on her face, naturally I followed. Led me straight to the "offender"! Maybe she will one day save my life?

Good Point | Reply ›

Kedoran
Flag

Kedoran
7 years ago

Luckily everyone got out safe. Dogs really can be amazing creatures.

Good Point | Reply ›

Stanleys2
Flag

Stanleys2
7 years ago

Good story but who is to say that Thumper didn't accidentally knock the lantern over and then wake up his master? Poor Little Princess.

Good Point | Reply ›

Lori  R.
Flag

Lori R.
7 years ago

A lantern shouldn't have been burning in the first place with no one to watch it. That is an accident waiting to happen. They are all very lucky they made it out alive. This is a very strong lesson to learn.... never leave candles or anything burning unattended because you never know. Animals are like little kids and some little kids find themselves into trouble even when they didn't mean to.

Good Point | Reply ›

1 | 2 |

Add Your Comment

Already have an account? Log in now for faster commenting or Join Zootoo

 

You might also enjoy:

Top Stories

We’ve all grown accustomed to the many fundraisers and charitable events that the pet industry produces for homeless pets. From pet food companies… more ›

Helping Pet Rescues is Good For Business

Advertisement

Advertisement