Tue, Jan 24 | By Zootoo Pet News Staff | 5

Near miss of Oscar nomination for “Uggie” puts acting pets in the spotlight. The recent announcement of the nominations for the 84th Annual Academy Awards left some animal lovers outraged at a glaring omission — the performance of … more ›

Could Your Pet Be a Movie Star?

mr sstt is already a star on the zoo with his own videos but now he want to be paid scale for playing

Michele Z.

Michele Z.

The animals that become "stars" have to be willing to respond to cues and we know what that means: they are starved so that they will be willing to do a "trick" or "move" in order to get a tidbit. I wouldn't want to treat my pet like that.

it is odd that in the ads on tv for this picture he barks. this is a silent movie and he to me is the star for having a speaking roll, or i guess i should say barking roll. he sure looks like eddie from frasier

Skitters would be a Marley on camera cause she would do her own thing and only listen to me if I have cookies for her Shorty if he didn't have his health problems he would be perfect on camera I have trained him to do many tricks and it doesn't take much he plays fetch he sits he comes he shakes and knows that when you say go to bed he is spose to go to bed he is a very smart kitty. I wish I had Blue he still has not been adopted but I am glad he is off of the streets he is a sweet smart dog and he is one talented pooch I wish I could have him back or at least have some one I know that would be good to him adopt him!