Tue, Apr 30 | By Mellie Test via DogShelters.com | 3

The story actually begins on Friday, April 26, when a large group of Pet360 Team Members visited the PSPCA in downtown Philadelphia for a day of volunteering. We've posted a number of fun photos from that day on our Instagram feed. With a day full of… more ›

A Rescue Dog Gets A Home
lynn m.

lynn m.
11 months ago

Wow this is such a great story. When i first got my Aran we had issues with her because she had lived on the streets of Philadelphia and never really got the chance to learn "good manners" She was almost 2 years old when I adopted her so we had some work to do - just like you. But now, 5 years later, if I must say so myself, Aran is the perfect dog. Good luck Effie. With a face like that I know you are an awesome dog.

11 months ago

hi effie so glad to see you made it to the zoo. i am sure you are going to be one happy pup and you sure are pretty

11 months ago

usually people think a cat is a bad idea with high prey drive dogs or with dogs altogether the truth is you don't know until you try it our rescue had a couple who let their dog pick out his own cat he was huge but a gentle giant he was a tebetian mastiff his owners still visit to say what great friends him and the cat are, when I fostered a high energy puppy I named Rigbee that was a chiweenie I thought Rigbee would be too much for my 10 year old cat Shorty but Shorty and Rigbee were like long lost brothers when they met running and playing together like there was no tomorrow, it is the same with a ferret you never know until you try, my dad's Siamese cat Tickles had been the only pet in my dads house for years and then he got Lucky and Wild two female rats he could let them run loose even while he was away from home and Tickles would not harm them and they would not run from her, then after Lucky and Wild there was my dads lop-eared rabbit Carrot who Tickles also got along with and then there was Shasta who Tickles got along with some rescue dogs have never been around other cats or other dogs same with the cats or they are strays that are brought in so you never know even if they are your own pets what other animals they will get along with until you try so this person who adopted Effie although I am greatful they did since if she is the dog in the picture she is a pittbull and they have hard times finding homes so although I am greatful they adopted her they can't really say for sure if a cat or a ferret would have worked cause they didn't give it a chance and try it I would have tried it I would not be able to stand only having one or the other I have to have at least one cat and one dog of my own and at least a cat or dog that is a foster too.