URGENT: Help needed for pregnant and heartworm-positive dogs from shutd-down breeding kennel
Here is info on the heartworm dogs we’ve received so far:
1. Little miss- 2 years old, friendly, pretty shy, very faintly heartworm positive and could possibly be treated with ivermectin, probably pregnant
2. Homer-4 year old, a little shy, but very sweet, heartworm positive and very pregnant
3. Summer -10 years old, super sweet very social, heartworm positive and very pregnant
4. Cat- 6 years old, super sweet, wonderful dog, staff almost started crying when we found out she had heartworm, not pregnant but has bad mastitis
5. Nut-7 years old, friendly, a little shy at first but very nice dog, he is the only male so far, very heartworm positive
4 years ago
Another Update: All the pregnant dogs have now been placed with rescues for treatment and adoption. And we've received enough donations toward heartworm treatment to take care of the two remaining dogs from this breeder, plus the heartworm-positive mastiff found in the same area.
Can't find a group you like? Create one and invite members!