Q: sick dog ate rotten deer meat
she is allready overweight and found some discarded deer legs. she ate some and I found her and the thing stank so bad i had to hold it in a bag as far away as possable and toss it in the river. now 2 days later she won't hardly walk seems bloated and is panting with some direha. HELP next day...we took her to dr and she had a temp.104* he gave her antibodics that are real strong and said keep an eve on her she seems able to walk better and not as much panting but is still a sick girl. thanks for the advice.
- Sort by:
- Latest |
Mar 20, 2010
So just antibiotics helped your dog? I think time is of the essence when a pet is poisoned by something. I was told if you catch it within a certain amount of hours you make the animal throw up with hyrdrogen peroxide, but not any later than two hours I believe. Check the ASPCA website for poisons. Foods are also listed. Care2.com has a list of foods that are poisonous.
Thumbs Up: 0 |
Mar 19, 2010
Meat like that should be buried and not thrown into the waterways. You can foul an entire water supply that way. I would check for a vet about parasites and other nasties that could be transmitted.
Thumbs Up: 0 |
Mar 18, 2010
Get her to the vet as quick as you can. There are so many food-born pathogens it would be unwise to self-treat your dog. Also, not to alarm you but, some of those pathogens can be given to humans. Rottten meat can have a lot of funk in it. If your vet tells you its just a belly-ache at least you know for sure. Hope all goes well for you and your dog.
Thumbs Up: 1 |
Got a question about your pet? Get the answers you need from Zootoo's community of pet experts and owners.