Flag

Q: my toy poodle licked hot shot bug spray

June 19, 2009 | By Carmellakitten | 7 answers | Expired: 1874 days ago

my 7mo. toy poodle licked bug spray..i gave him milk and childrens tylenol..he seems to be feeling a little better but im worried..he is only 5lbs. what should i do??

Readers' Answers (7)
  • Sort by:
  • Latest |
  • Rank
Cheyenne D.
Flag

Jun 29, 2009

Go to the vet ASAP

Thumbs Up: 0 | Thumbs up!

jackie
Flag

Jun 20, 2009

get him to the vet immediately sounds like poisoning dont take any chances. Let the vet do their job. Dont take chances with your pup

Thumbs Up: 0 | Thumbs up!

Trish B.
Flag

Jun 20, 2009

All of the above......

Thumbs Up: 0 | Thumbs up!

Courtney H.
Flag

Jun 19, 2009

I hope by now the dog has gone to the vet and is ok.
IF IN DOUBT, go to the vet... NEVER give meds intended for humans.

Thumbs Up: 0 | Thumbs up!

Denise L.
Flag

Jun 19, 2009

Please go to the vet ASAP! Giving your dog children's Tylenol & milk is not a good idea...it's not even good for children who have ingested something toxic.

Thumbs Up: 0 | Thumbs up!

Ches21
Flag

Jun 19, 2009

call the vet and never give your dog human medicine again it may hurt it only give something for animals and ask the vet before giving it anything at all.

Thumbs Up: 1 | Thumbs up!

Ethel02
Flag

Jun 19, 2009

I would have called & Vet ASAP or even the ASPCA poison line, why tylenol for bug spray?? Kidneys or liver would be the first organs the bug spray would affect, just what tylenol is bad for, go to a Vet Asap or you could be seeing Renal Failure sooner than you think, & I don't know about milk? I never heard of that , call a Vet or emergency Vet or you can just wait until a Vet can't help, 5lbs? Why are you wasting time on here, but what would help is for you to tell us what a Vet says.

Thumbs Up: 1 | Thumbs up!

You might also enjoy:

Got a question about your pet? Get the answers you need from Zootoo's community of pet experts and owners.

Advertisement

Advertisement